Friday, August 15, 2008

Rileys 1st golf tournament (Varsity)

August 4th Riley tried out for the high school Golf team and ended up making the Varsity team as a ninth grader. We are so excited for him, he had his first Golf tournament today at 1:30 at River Oaks golf Course in Sandy. It was a CRAZY day though. Let me tell you it started out as I was getting in the car Riley and Rocky were chasing each other around the driveway and Riley slipped and fell on his wrist! I asked Riley if he was o.k. he said yeah Mom I'm fine just hurry we need to get to my bus so I can be on time to the tourny I knew Riley was kind of nervous but I also knew he was hurt, he kept holding his wrist but he wanted to play in this tourny so I let him go. well we got him to his bus on time and came home he called me and said that his wrist killed so I took him ice IBprophen and icyhot. Then I took Rocky and Chloe to the mall the other kids were hunting with Paul and Britt was at a cheer party with her friends (WHATEVER) Anyway as soon as we get to the mall we get a text from Riley saying that his driver just split in half and he is teeing off in 20 min, I text him back asking him what he wants me to do and never replied. So I called my brother in laws who by the way are awesome golfers told me to rent one from the club house so thats what I did! Anyway with all that RILEY tied for SECOND place on his TEAM!! Chloe, Rocky and I sat up chairs and watched the tornament. I took pictures at the end and everyone was giving me a hrd time but I know these pictures I will treasure forever!!!!!

1 comment:

k8theriver said...

i would vote for you for mom of the year.
your kids are so amazing--probably because of their awesome parents.
and, happy late birthday!