Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Career

I've always wanted to have a career. When I applied for the job, I was so nervous for the interview! Heavenly Father called me in, asked me several question's, and offered me a job. After much consideration, I looked at him and accepted. Little did I know I would have !six employees Motherhood is the career I have chosen though on most situations I'm not the boss. The closest thing I've come to a cooperate ladder is leaning a ladder against the house to get a ball off the roof. My job as a mother requires me to have many qualifications, such as nursing a sick child, chauffeuring a carload of baseball player's, soccer players, cheerleaders now I know why my blue suburban has over 3000 miles (anyone want to buy it?). Supervising the backyard and being chef of the year by cooking a mean box of Kraft mac & Cheese. I am continually working on my school teacher skills by helping my kid's with their homework. Not only do I teach them but they teach me too. I've graduated K-9th grade all over again. My hours are always changing and I never know my schedule from day to day. And that piece of paper they call a paycheck? Well I've never seen one of those! In fact my bank account is empty but I know that working for my Heavenly Father on earth does not pay much but his retirement plan is out of this world! Because of the responsibilities of being mother's to be well educated is truly the wishes of our Father in Heaven. You never know when and if there will be a death with your spouse or with the unstable economy we might have to help out financially. But I know and understand that before I came to this earth that Heavenly Father had a plan for me to raise his children in righteousness so that we may all be able to live with him again.

6 comments:

Halversen Happenings said...

Heidi, I love this post! You are such a great mom and have a beautiful family. It's comforting to know what really matters in life and to be able to embrace it the way you do.

--- Michelle

Leslie said...

Cute kids, cute mom, cute family! I don't know how you do it, but you are such a great mom to all of your kids (and to all of their friends too!)

k8theriver said...

i wish i was as good a mom as you.

Anonymous said...

You Rock!! that is a darling way of putting things!!!
What creativity!!

Heath said...

AMEN!!! LOVE IT! You are such a shining example for so many. I still pull from your example when I am in need of help...I think, "What would Heidi do?" YOu are so patient, fun loving, proactive, and spiritually minded. You and Paul make a great team!

The Laurence Family said...

Heidi,

I couldn't have said it better - that is exactly how I feel. Isn't it the hardest and best job in the world! Love your blog!

Melissa