Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Orleans SUGAR BOWL

Paul and I had the opportunity to go to the Sugar Bowl this year with our friends Jason and Niclole and and their parents and Jeff and Jenny. Nicloe's brother Jay is the special teams coach for the U. New Years Eve we had a delicious dinner I had flounder and Paul had stuffed filet mion. thats one thing New Orleans is known for is their good food. We also walked down bourben street half way and got some beads people thow them down at you. It got a little rowdy so we got off the street and went to the marriot and hung out in the hospitality room where all the U teams families hang. We got free food and drinks and just talked and met a lot of nice people. They also had incredible fireworks! I have never seen so many go off all over the place we were on the 34th floor and had a great view of the city and the whole sky was lit up! kind of cool. The other days we shopped walked around saw some cool sites went to the flee market and even a cooking class! Went to the Parade and pep ralley for the Sugar Bowl saw Pauls Brother Joe and the Lamberts. The BEST and FAVORITE part of New Orleans was the SUGAR BOWL!!!! We had so much FUN cheering, eating visiting and sitting by family of the Coaches and players. The biggest highlight for Paul was to go on the field during the 3rd quarter he was rubbing shoulders with the players thats how close he was. I wish I could of got a picture of him but he took my camera and took some awesome pictures of the game. My highlight was after wards we walked the streets to get Superbowl shirts and ran into the quarter back Brian Johnson he signed my T-shirt I was wearing and Paul took a picture of us. Go Utes undefeated and won the super bowl. Best game I have ever seen!!!!!We had GREAT weather and even played in the rain and took the fairy. We had such a great trip we never knew what time it was and ended up going to bed everyday at 3to4 in the morning. I wasnt that tiered till we got home, I got the kids off to school and then you said it I snoozed till 2:00 pm with breaks of coarse. Thanks Fox's and Hills for a fabulous time!!!!!!! I did miss you kids though and thank you Grandma Kia for watching them and keeping them safe.

2 comments:

Heath said...

Geez Heids! I almost gave up on you. I checked your blog FOREVER and never saw a new post and now BAM!!! You're a bloggin' machine! Sugar bowl looks like such a blast, you sure are the high roller aren't you? You kids are getting so BIG! I can't believe Bo!!!! Whoa a bike for Christmas? He's a little baby who can't even say 'bike' in my eyes. You guys look like you're doing so well! Glad to get caught up on the Bunker Clan. Tell Brit hi for me!

Brian and Kristin Barlow said...

Go Utes! It was a good year for the U but I am looking forward to next year for the Cougars! Looks like so much fun, i am glad you were able to go and have a fun getaway!!